It is your responsibility to ensure Ivo will operate within your IT environment, and in accordance with your needs, prior to purchase. To facilitate this, Ivo is available on a trial basis for 30 days (longer can be provided if required)
Base requirements -
- A Microsoft Windows based network and computers. Ivo works with all versions of Windows from XP to 10 (excluding Windows 10 'S' or 'S-Mode').
- You are responsible for maintaining appropriate backups of your Ivo data.
- An internet connection is required.
- For remote access –
Important note: remote access is a part of your general IT infrastructure and its implementation and ongoing management is the responsibility of your organisation and IT provider.
- Remote Desktop software (if you don't have a Remote Desktop Services server, 1024 can provide a list of 3rd-party solutions);
- Broadband access in all sites requiring remote access (a minimum actual download speed of 256kbps is recommended);
- The computer used as the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) server may require additional memory to be purchased and installed, which you would need to organise through your usual IT provider;
- A broadband modem/router that can be configured to forward RDS data to the RDS server;
- A static IP address for the office that has the RDS server is recommended. Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) charge extra fees for this. Please check with you ISP for more details;
- Printing for computers using remote access has its own particular requirements. Please ensure you discuss this with your IT provider;
- You are responsible for ensuring your office has appropriate internet security for protecting your data.
Using Ivo in the Cloud
Ivo can be installed on a cloud-based server (such as Microsoft Azure), and accessed by RDP, or as a RemoteApp. Please note, Microsoft provides offers to not-for-profit organisations which may include free services. Register here for further details.
For accessing Sharepoint or OneDrive data from within Ivo (for attaching files to file notes), we recommend either -
Backing-up the Ivo data
The entire Ivo data file folder structure must be included in the backup process. Ivo stores critical files in the sub-folders, including settings and file attachments.
Please read the article "How Ivo is configured in an organisation" for further information.